The 2022 LIHWAP/LIHEAP year ended September 30, 2022.
Elderly and disabled households may submit applications for the new year starting October 1, 2022. Pledges/payments for elderly and disabled households will begin on November 1, 2022.
ALL households may submit applications for the new year starting November 1, 2022. Pledges/payments for all households will begin on December 1, 2022.
ALL LIHWAP/LIHEAP APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE 9/30/2022 WILL STILL BE PROCESSED.
It is a 30-day process time for all new applications from the date it was received. Once your application has been submitted, please call (573)615-8822 to check the status closer to the end of the 30-day processing time.
El año LIHWAP/LIHEAP 2022 finalizó el 30 de septiembre de 2022.
Los hogares de ancianos y discapacitados pueden comenzar a presentar solicitudes para el nuevo año a partir del 1 de octubre de 2022. Las promesas/pagos para los hogares de ancianos y discapacitados comenzarán el 1 de noviembre de 2022.
TODOS los hogares pueden presentar solicitudes para el nuevo año a partir del 1 de noviembre de 2022. Las promesas/pagos para todos los hogares comenzarán el 1 de diciembre de 2022.
TODAS LAS SOLICITUDES DE LIHWAP/LIHEAP RECIBIDAS EL 09/30/2022 O ANTES SERÁN PROCESADAS.
Hay un tiempo de proceso de 30 días para todas las nuevas solicitudes a partir de la fecha en que se recibió. Una vez que haya enviado su solicitud, llame al (573)615-8822 para verificar el estado cuando se acerque el final del tiempo de procesamiento de 30 días.
Apply for Energy Assistance
You may apply for the Energy Assistance (EA) program only once. EA operates year-round. Benefit levels for EA are based on the number of people living in a household, household income, and the type of fuel used for home heating. It is not necessary to be in crisis to receive assistance through EA.
Important Information about Energy Assistance
To check the status of your application, please call 1-573-615-8822.
Energy Assistance Dates
Disabled and elderly (age 60 or older) households may submit their applications as early as October 1, although the program does not officially begin until November 1.
For all other households, the program begins December 1, and applications will be accepted beginning November 1.
Please Note: Payments or pledges will not be made until after the new program start dates.
Types of Assistance Available
Summer Crisis Electric Assistance
How do I apply?
You must have the following:
- A current LIHEAP Application on file with your current address.
- Documentation showing the total amount owed. Make sure to write your social security number & phone number on the bill.
- If charges other than your electric (water, trash, sewer, etc..) appear on your electric bill, a completed Non-Energy Payment Agreement Form & receipt showing all non-electric charges have been paid is required.
**Maximum Summer benefit per family is $1,200.00**
Winter Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP)
The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) has a winter and a summer season. Like EA, the winter season starts in October for disabled and elderly households and begins in December for all other households. It runs through May. The summer season runs June through September.
CMCA services eight counties including Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Cole, Cooper, Howard, Montineau, and Osage. Submit your application as soon as possible to ensure you receive support in a timely manner.
CMCA is given a fixed amount of money from the state for both winter and summer ECIP. Applicants can receive up to $1,600 in the winter and $1,200 during the summer, as long as the agency has available funds. Families may get assistance as many times as needed if they have not reached their maximum benefit levels for that season.
**Maximum Winter benefit per family is $1,600.00** current.
Ways to Apply for Assistance
You may submit your application by downloading and mailing/delivering it to our Boone County Family Resource Center, faxing it to 1.573.370.1212 or you may submit online! See below.
LIHEAP APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
Please read these instructions before completing an online application:
- Some of the operations of this application are limited to Adobe Acrobat software and limitations of using PDF formatting.
- You may complete the application on your phone; however, you will need to have Acrobat Reader fillable forms on IOS.
- Once you click the submit button, you must save the completed LIHEAP application to your computer or phone. After saving the application, you will proceed to a page where you’ll be asked to attach the application and other documents.
- The submitted LIHEAP application will send an encrypted email with the application and any attachments to the agency based on the county the applicant selected. If an application is received from a customer that does not reside in a county serviced by that agency, the application will be sent to the agency that provides assistance for the county were the applicant resides.
The application must be mailed in or dropped off at the
CMCA Energy Office located at:
800 N. Providence Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203
Fax# – 1-573-370-1212
Due to the high volume of emails and applications, response times related to applications may be delayed. Please allow up to 7-14 business days for a response.
When Will I Get My Benefit?
Once you submit your application and required documents, your application will be reviewed within approximately 30 business days (unless it is considered a crisis for LIHEAP). A letter will be mailed to you that tells you if you qualify for help and the amount you will get.
After you apply, please continue to pay your utility bills if you can so you do not get disconnected or run out of fuel such as propane, wood, or pre-paid electric. Your bill needs to be paid to your utility company (not the LIHEAP agency).
LIHEAP Eligibility Criteria
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) keeps families safe and healthy by assisting with energy costs. CMCA makes payments directly to utility vendors on behalf of residents with low-incomes or who are in crises.
To qualify for LIHEAP assistance, the following requirements must be met: