Senior Volunteer Opportunities

Foster Grandparents Program (FGP)

Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Cooper County (RSVP)

MISSION: To improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering

Americorps logo


When you join AmeriCorps Seniors, you choose how you want to give back. You can: help a struggling child to learn to read, deliver groceries to an elderly neighbor. There are a variety of opportunities available to you through AmeriCorps Seniors. Learn more about this national program.

Foster Grandparent Program

At Central Missouri Community Action, you can mentor and guide students to higher academic achievement. The Foster Grandparent Program connects role models like you with students with exceptional needs.




Interested in volunteering for FGP? Call 573-777-5225

Click Below for more info or to

Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Cooper County

With RSVP of Cooper County, you can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities in the community.

The AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP program pairs individuals aged 55 and older with organizations making change in Cooper County. Volunteers who serve in our RSVP program choose how, where, and when they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week. Volunteers become a solution to local, regional, and national challenges by supporting individuals and agencies in their neighborhoods.

RSVP volunteers learn new skills, make new friends and become more active in their communities. Volunteer qualifications (time, talent, and experience) are matched with the needs of area nonprofit and governmental organizations. AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers report better health and longevity having served their community.

How Does the Program Work?

Each potential RSVP volunteer meets with a member of the staff and completes an enrollment form and an interest inventory. Then the staff member visits with the individual about their interests and time available for volunteer assignments. The volunteer and staff review the opportunities that are available.

Based on the time commitment and the qualifications for the various volunteer positions, the volunteer decides which assignment they would like to pursue. After a volunteer chooses an activity of interest, a staff member will arrange for the volunteer to meet with the station supervisor from the agency. During the interview, the supervisor provides detailed information about the volunteer activity. The interview provides an opportunity for the volunteer to learn more about the assignment and for the supervisor to determine if the volunteer has the necessary qualifications for the position.

Who is Eligible to Participate?

Contact RSVP to Learn More

Retired Senior Volunteer Program

Cooper County
Central Missouri Community Action
Office: 573.777.5225  | Cell: 660.324.0803

The Cooper County RSVP is funded through an AmeriCorps Seniors grant, providing approximately 70% of the operational funds for the project. The other 30% comes from match dollars through Cooper county and Central Missouri Community Action.

Click below for more info about RSVP